Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

Price Check - 1990 Civic hatch w/B16

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Default Price Check - 1990 Civic hatch w/B16

I am trying to determine a reasonable sale price for my vehicle.

1990 Civic hatchback with B16-vtec

The car body is in great physical condition. It does not need to be re-painted. Windows have been tinted. Overall it looks fantastic. The interior is in great condition too. The only defect with the interior is that the driver seat needs to be reupholstered, but I have done the quick remedy of getting seat covers for both the front seats and they actually look pretty decent and match the color theme of the interior (stock grey).

There seems to be an electrical issue of some kind, and you'll have to excuse my car maintenance incompetency. The CD player does not work b/c of an electrical issue that sometimes can be fixed when I remove and reinsert the fuse that provides power to it. I've replaced the fuse before, but the issue gradually came back. Also, sometimes one of the headlights goes out for seemingly no reason. Both bulbs were replaced. The headlights do work, but an electrical issue on occasion prevents power from getting to one of the lights. And the last major defect is that the front tires need to be replaced.

All this considered, Kelley Blue Book marks this vehicle at about $770. I'm wanting to sell it higher considering the fact that it does not have the DX motor, but has the B16 motor. I had this motor installed with intentions of upgrading this car some more, but I've got my priorities in a different direction right now. My guess is that someone else in my area might like to have some fun with this vehicle. Any advice on a sale price would be great. Thanks!

Old 02-04-2009, 04:43 PM

would really have to see the car pics to determine the shape of body and all that...but honest opinion its really about were ur located...i know where i live it will go for around 3500-6k but in columbus 2 hours away it goes for 3-4k so its all about area...honestly if u fix the lights and the cd player u should get atleast around 3500-5k for it np...have a good one...