Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic... just about anything goes.

b16 hatch acting like its not getting fuel

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 01:24 AM
Default b16 hatch acting like its not getting fuel

I have a 1990 honda civic hatchback with a fresh b16 swap that was done about 3 weeks ago, so it still has its problems... one i cannot seem to fix is the car running like hell. above half a tank of gas it runs great, but below half a tank it likes to die as you approach stop lights and it will act likes its got no fuel going to the engine while cruising... I just replaced the fuel pump, the fuel filter is brand new, plugs are new, wires are new, the only thing fuel related i have not replaced is the sending unit.... please help me with this, im getting frustrated with this and dont know what to do! also there is a short in the battery line under the hood that cuts power every now and then (the battery is in the hatch), any help is appreciated! thanks

Old 11-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: b16 hatch acting like its not getting fuel

Is it possible that your fuel tank may have a vent leak, or the fuel cap is venting the pressure out, or a screw penetrated the filler tube when speakers or amps installed.
battery line you need to check at all the connector fittings first, then trace the wire battery to starter. it will take some time to do this.
Did you change the ecu with the engine swap?
Go to autozone.com, register for free, then go to repair guide, to fuel evaporative emission control system and see if the diagrams gives you some idea's where to view. Also you might be able to find the battery cable drawing to assist your trouble shooting on your car.