Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

repair the bumper cover

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2022, 08:07 PM
Default repair the bumper cover

Someone I know needs help with the front bumper cover on a 2007 Civic. The owner pulled too far forward in a parking lot and pushed the front bumper over a concrete parking stop. When driver backed up, the bottom of the bumper cover caught on top of the parking stop and partially detached. Owner used zip ties on the ends of the bumper cover to hold it to the quarter panels. Now it is time to attempt repair.

I have not got down to look under the bumper. I would expect that some of the push pins down there need to be replaced. I have some experience with push pins. I expect to be able to figure them out.

What concerns me are the ends of the bumper cover. A YouTube video shows that the ends of the bumper cover are attached to the quarter panels with "self-tapping screws." I am not familiar with such a screw. What I see on the car are holes in the ends of the bumper cover and matching holes on the bottom of the quarter panels. What is the screw that I should get in order to attach the bumper cover to the quarter panel?

TIA

Old 12-28-2022, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Duplos
Someone I know needs help with the front bumper cover on a 2007 Civic. The owner pulled too far forward in a parking lot and pushed the front bumper over a concrete parking stop. When driver backed up, the bottom of the bumper cover caught on top of the parking stop and partially detached. Owner used zip ties on the ends of the bumper cover to hold it to the quarter panels. Now it is time to attempt repair.

I have not got down to look under the bumper. I would expect that some of the push pins down there need to be replaced. I have some experience with push pins. I expect to be able to figure them out.

What concerns me are the ends of the bumper cover. A YouTube video shows that the ends of the bumper cover are attached to the quarter panels with "self-tapping screws." I am not familiar with such a screw. What I see on the car are holes in the ends of the bumper cover and matching holes on the bottom of the quarter panels. What is the screw that I should get in order to attach the bumper cover to the quarter panel?

TIA
One that works. You likely need a nut as well. Just use something that will hold it.