Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

tail light problem, Im sure theres more to it tho

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Default tail light problem, Im sure theres more to it tho

I have a 1992 Civic ex, and an engine swap from a 93 Del Sol Si was done, Now I have the vtec. The fuse keeps blowing on my tail lights leaving me unable to drive at night. I dont see anything noticeably wrong, I didnt have anything with me tonight to fix the problem except for a 30 amp fuse and it caused my entire dash to smoke, so, I chanced my ride home with no tail lights. Anyone have any suggestions?? I checked the wiring for what I couldsee, I am just looking to see if anyone else had the issue with a swap, maybe I need to change something else?

Old 10-16-2008, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: tail light problem, Im sure theres more to it tho

welcome to the forum; had an experience with a diff model car, turn on blinker light, and one was strong, the opposite side at the same time came on weak, looking from the rear, showed the same, strong blinker light on the turning side and dim on the opposite side, I took the dash cluster guages out, and found one wire in a big wire bundle starting to burn, caught it in time, took about 3 ft of wire total to replace. fuse had burnt out 2 times in 2 weeks. You may now have several wires burnt togeather. will have to check the cluster of wires behind the dash to fix. besure to replace about 1 ft of wire on either side of the burn.or min the burnt wire area.