Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

Thinking of buying this turbo civic advice pls

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 06:05 PM
Default Thinking of buying this turbo civic advice pls

1998 ‘R’ HONDA CIVIC TYPE R EK9 TURBO 450 BHP JDM IMPORT

For sale is my JDM import Honda Civic Type R EK9 which has had a fortune spent on it over the past few years. The spec list is a lot more extensive and Spanned 3 pages on word doc but I have tried to cut it short and mention the main parts below in the advert.If interested in a more complete spec list please email me.

Finished in Championship White with Carbon bonnet, Carbon Spoon style spoiler. Backyard style front bumper, 16” white ROTA alloys. Facelift rear lights. EK9 Red Mats with MOMO steering wheel. Extended gear shifter with mugen gearknob. HID lights, front end has been resprayed. The exterior is in great condition but do keep in mind, it is not a brand new vehicle. Rear tinted glass.
Interior features Red Recaro front seats with Black rear seats.

The engine and turbo is good for over 550 BHP but I’ve set it at a safe 450 BHP, 350FT LBS of torque with Dyno print out on EUROSPEC’s super conservative rollers! This is at 1.1 bar of boost only. Mapped by Romain of EUROSPEC.

Engine
B18C Type R engine (Integra Engine) with B16B Type R Head.
B16B Type R Head fully rebuilt, port and polished with 3 angle valve job. Fully de-coked and outside shot blasted and heat treated. SKUNK 2 Pro 1 cams with adjustable SKUNK2Cam gears. SUPERTECH valve springs and Ti retainers. COMETIC Headgasket set, all new seals and gaskets fitted during the rebuild. Cambelt was uprated to a GATES Kevlar belt. Rocker cover has been painted in Teal with Carbon Kevlar Plug Cover. Rocker cover has ported fitted vent any crank case pressure which lead into a custom made oil catch can. A custom PCV set up from the engine also feeds into the catch can.
B18C Type R Bottom end fully rebuilt, honed and overbored 0.5mm. Re-decked with all mating faces refinished and outside shot blasted. 81.5mm WISECO low compression pistons matched with PAUTER X BEAM rods. ACL Race bearings also fitted during the process.
SUPERTECH block guard fitted, and ARP rod bolts and head studs through the engine all individually torqued. MOROSO Turbo baffled sump is fitted with larger oil capacity and oil feed and drain line. Ignition and HT leads were upgraded with a MSD external coil and MSD 8.5mm competition leads.

The Intake manifold is a pretty rare and a very expensive piece.It is a handcrafted, Fully polished MAGNUS item with has been ported matched and complemented by a BLOX 74MM throttle body. Relocated IACV with custom bracket.
1000cc RC Engineering injectors fed by a P2R Billet Fuel rail with -6 AN fittings. New AEROQUIP -6 AN fuel lines fitted All the way to the tank. FUEL LAB pressure regulator and WALBRO 255 intake fuel pump. An external SYTEC fuel filter has been fitted also.

To keep everything running cool, a JPERFORMACE race radiator has been fitted with SAMCO hoses throughout. 25 Row MOCAL oil cooler Is fitted to keep the engine tempreture low on Boost.

Turbo set up consists of a GARRET T60-1 with a STAGE 3 Turbine fitted. Racetech stainless steel Ram Horn manifold and screamer pipe, fully heat wrapped. Braided oil feed line and return line with -10 AN fittings. 3” TIG welded Intercooler pipework with HUGE 300x600 76mm Thick intercooler. 3” downpipe with true 3” exhaust system. TiAL 44mm V band Wastegate with matching TiAL 50mm Blow off valve.

BLOX remote oil filter, relocated for quick and easy oil filter changes. HASPORT engine mounts. ABS, Air Con and Power steering removed, all lines and wires tucked. Fuse box relocated to dashboard. Engine bay resprayed after tucking. Battery relocated to the boot in a Stainless Steel battery box on a false MDF floor.

Transmission consists of EK9 S4C LSD gearbox with Exedy twin plate clutch. HONDA MTF oil.

The engine was properly run in on Millers with several oil changes and V Power spark plugs once tuned, gapped by Romain to his perfect spec. In total the parts add up to well over £10,000 without the labour costs, the clutch alone retails at £1,500 and so fourth.. Money not spared on this build with pretty much every part being brought new. All items are Genuine branded items!!

Once everything was all built up, put together and run in. It was off to Romain @ EuroSPEC for tuning. Originally I was looking for around 400 BHP , but once Romain started mapping it, he informed me that the engine was very healthy and turbo set up was excellent. He mapped it to 450 BHP with 350 FT LBS of torque at only 1.1 Bar (15 Psi) as he knew I was not looking for number. He drove it and said its very smooth with a lovely torque curve. If I wanted, he could easily run it to 1.5 Bar (21 Psi) and it would be in excess of 500 BHP with around 400 FT LBS of torque.. He had a B16 built EK9 turbo running 520 BHP getting work done to it and said my spec and build was a lot better and capable of more..
It is mapped on a P30 ECU Romain mapped in 3 different boost levels on the Avcr. High Boost (1.1 bar), Low Boost (0.9 bar) and waste gate only (0.7 Bar). Mapped on Shell V Power, The boost is regulated through a limited edition Black APEXi AVCR electronic boost controller which itself has many features and functions such as boost guage, knock sensor, rev guage, etc..
At the same time, Romain mapped in Anti LAG on full throttle launch and also Launch control at 4,000 rpm. The Anti Lag is only on full throttle otherwise normal launch control is activated on part throttle.

The alloys are 16” x 7” Rotas which clear the HUGE 300mm 8 pot K-SPORT brakes, Lowered on GAZ GOLD coilovers which are ride and height adjustable. D2 rear control arms, WORK Titanium front strutbrace and CUSCO rear strut brace complete the handling package.

Covered less then 1000 miles since completion, Only ever used on certain occasions, Genuine Reason for sale!

Advice appreciated should I go for it or avoid it

Old 09-28-2013, 06:07 PM

Should the only 1000 miles covered be a concern