Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

Why did you buy your Honda Civic?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Default Why did you buy your Honda Civic?

Seems like a lot of questions on this forum concern older cars with problems. Are there any problems with the newer cars? 2006? 2007? Nowadays gas mileage is a big concern. Did anyone buy their Civic just for the mileage? Obviously there are other good reasons. Why did everyone buy their Civic? What is the main reason? Styling? Reliability? Economy?

Old 09-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Default RE: Why did you buy your Honda Civic?

I don't know if you want feedback for older vehicles, but I own a 93' Civic and bought it for gas mileage, also combined a little bit with the style. With the money I had on hand, it was definately down to a 90-95' vehicle. Civic struck me as the best.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:17 PM

own a 02' honda civic, got it for reliability and ecomony reasons. Its a honda! Where can you go wrong? Honda makes motorcycles, lawnmowers, atv's, boats motors, Aircraft Jet... I am sure theres more than what I listed. Did Toyota do all this? Nissan? Chevrolet? Gmc? NO!

Old 09-12-2007, 09:07 PM

I own a 2004 Civic EX. It just turned 100,000 miles. Other than regular scheduled maintenance I have only had to replace front brake pads at 90,000 miles. I purchased the Honda for itsquality, durability,economy and the reputation for going well over 200,000 miles when properly maintained. I know of some that are approaching 300,000 miles. The handling and ride seemjust as tight as when I drove it off the lot. This is my first Honda and I will certainly buy another.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:35 PM

Back in 2001 I bought a 91 hatch for $1300CDN. at that time it had 227,000km on the engine. It was the most reliable car that I ever owned (And I've owned other JDM and Domestics). At the moment it has 386,000km on the engine and it was only starting to burn a small fraction of oil. Maybe a litre every 3 months. Not bad as far as I am concerned. Theengine is indestructable.

I've taken the car everywhere. It's been from Ft. Lauderdale, FL., to Seattle, WA., to Barrie, ON, to Whitehorse, YT. (7 round trips from Barrie to Whitehorse @ 11,000km a piece without a single malfunction or breakdown). It has been on road, off road, through the air. You name it. This car has not been babied at all but it is my baby.

The engine is totally stock with the exception of a cold air intake because it was cheaper at the time to buy a cold air than a stock intake because my original intake got damaged by a stupid move on my part (Forgot to remove a screw and cracked it).

Another reason why I love this car is because here is the Great White North it gets pretty freakin' cold in the winter. Plummiting to temperatures in excess of -40 (Celcius and Farenheit are the same temperature at -40). Most people have what is called a block heater which heats up the engine and makes being able to start your car more reliable (Not a guarantee at that temperature) My Honda doesn't have one. Never needed one. Started everytime, all the time. It actually got to the point where people would call me to come boost their cars (domestics and other JDM's) because they knew that mine would start everytime. I've never ever be unable to start that car.

The only work that I've ever had to put into the car was an exhaust because the previous owner tore it off hitting a frost heave (A bump made in pavement when frost pushes the ashphault upwards in excess of 6 inches), and a new clutch and throwout bearing.

I was able to get upwards of 500km out of a tank of gas on the highway even still at 380,000+km on the engine which I have to admit was pretty damn good. Not the best but good.

Pretty much what I am saying is that until this car met an untimely demise in November due to someone coming arounda corner "WAY" to fast for the winter (New driver!!!) and rear ended my Civ putting it to rest forever it was the most reliable/indestructable car I had ever owned and driven.

I bought a 2006 Civic Sedan (Got a family now) 2 years ago and lets just say that it is performing just as well/better than it's older counter part. Again still no block heater. Still no problem starting at -40. I'm expecting the calls to start rolling in the next time it goes to -40 asking for boosts. LOL.

This is why I own a Civic.