Honda Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with Honda Civic Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better HCF? Tell us here.

2006 Honda Accord accelerator problems - HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Exclamation 2006 Honda Accord accelerator problems - HELP!

Try to cut this down - last few months my car on occasion wouldn't start right away. 2 weeks ago, it wouldn't start at all. It had power, but tried jumping it to no avail. I'm a single mom on a budget, so I let a friend put the new starter ($130) in for me. Started up - awesome. Go to drive it and discover that the car will go down the road, but the accelerator doesn't do anything when you push it and the check engine light is on. Codes read as follows: P2122, P2127 & P0123. Told that it's the throttle position sensor & you have to replace the throttle body. Oh & you have to order it from the Honda dealer. Sooooo $180 + $9.99 for the gasket. Sure, got it. Had a more car savvy friend change it (he's always worked on my cars & done fine before but was unavailable to change the starter before) car is STILL having the same problem. So I find out that it could be the accelerator pedal position sensor. Oh & I can't take the TPS back to Honda most likely because it was installed and had gas run through it. Awesome. At least O'Reilly has this part and I spend $162 on an accelerator pedal position sensor & he installed it... STILL same issue. At this point, I'm almost $400 in, totally in the hole financially and had to borrow daycare money and still have no car. I'm not sure what else it could be & I can't afford a shop, especially now. I'd appreciate any helpful advice to what this could be now. Thanks so much!