Honda Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with Honda Civic Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better HCF? Tell us here.

Attempted Theft

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 05:49 PM
Unhappy Attempted Theft

Hi all....
so it finally happened. thieves attempted to run off with my beloved Accord. I know this is shame on me but they took my spare key(yes i did say shame on me...the car is keyless entry...key could only be used for the ignition and the glove compartment) they also got away with the leather case that housed my manuals and my ins id cards( the ins co assured me they cant do anything with my id cards....the manuals were placed on the floor in the back) they removed my panel that goes underneath the steering column in an attempt to hot wire it
(i guess...new to this) so my questions are these: can i pop the panel back in?
(i kinda wanted to go to the dealership and have them check the panel sich out after filing a police report) nothing was cracked chipped or broken. they were even kind enough to lay the panel in the back seat. other than that there is no damage to my baby. also what do i do about the key situation...is this gonna be a big headache? also i filed a report with the ins co. tried to file with the police
(no show go figure) what should i do....thoughts?