Honda Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with Honda Civic Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better HCF? Tell us here.

2002 CR-V Wont Start/ No Crank. Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 02:24 PM
Default 2002 CR-V Wont Start/ No Crank. Please Help

Hello experts,

This is my first post. I have an issue with my
2002 Honda CR-V 2002 Honda CR-V
, 240000 km. Here it goes:

I drove the CRV on a weekend previously and did not drive it for 5 days (throughout the weekdays). Yesterday, the CRV did not start. No crank, no turning the
engine engine
. When I turn ignition, there is a single loud click, occurs instantaneously, and then nothing happens. The battery-light and the engine oil light stays on (check engine light goes away if I wait 20 seconds after turning the ACC on.
I noticed that the click is quite loud and it comes from the bottom of the engine front. I am guessing that it is the starter motor solenoid click. I do not have enough understanding to figure out if this is enough evidence to indicate that the starter is bad, or could there be some other issue, such as relay or
ignition ignition
switch. Just because the starter never showed any symptoms/intermittent issues.

Additional information: The battery is fully charged. It is a stick shift. If I depress the clutch, while the ignition is on, the clicks again, and if I press the
clutch clutch
again, it would click again. I'd assume that the switch on the clutch is functioning. I hear the fuel pump noise when I turn on the ACC (first notch on the key, before ignition), and as there is no crank/engine turning, I'd rule out the fuel pump/spark plug issues.

There has been no signs of bad starter, the CRV would turn every time without hesitation. The car was running smooth the last time I parked it.

I'm hoping for some guidance to fix my CRV.

Thank you.