Honda Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with Honda Civic Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better HCF? Tell us here.

front end sounds like a haunted house

Old 10-01-2009, 08:08 AM
Default front end sounds like a haunted house

hey guys am new to the forum and i have a ? i have this annoying noises coming from the front end, I have a 94 accord dx 4 door with 227xxx miles and its kind of rusting at the rear 1/4s above the wheels.......but its my car and its my source of independence ,soooo anyways midway thru the summer i starded hearing this dry sort of squeack and creack kind of like a haunted house door....and it got worse as time goes on ,it does it when i turn ,it does it when i go straight when i push up and down on the fender it doesnt do it till i push real hard it seens to be coming from the pass side but i dont know....cannot afford a mechanic since they are as pricey as doctors ,and am a student with a 15 hr a week job what can i do? i was told to spray the moving parts under the car i.e bushings tie-rods sway-bar etc but am not sure that silicone or w-40 is any good cause they tend to remove the grease that is in the parts ....other than these i really like this bucket and for the milage its very dependeable....help!!!

Old 10-01-2009, 08:15 AM
Unhappy sorry

sorry i read the rules after i post it ...the story of my life

Old 10-02-2009, 02:56 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. Check all the rubber bushings, and you can spray with wd-40 or silcone spray to eliminate the noise, then you can change the part that is squeeking.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Default thanks

thanks acmech i was under the car today and did alot of pushing and pulling on the rubber parts sprayed them with lithium also stuck the body up on jacks and turned the wheels back n forth and the steering joint sounds like the problem however i wouldnt even know where to start the work or what parts to order .....i dont want to change one thing and have the part next to it fail space was kind of tight under the car so looking at the large picture was inpossible,....is there a web-site that can show an exploted view of the mechanics of the steering?

Old 10-03-2009, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

hondaautomotiveparts.com autozone.com purchase a factory service manual and save a lot. ebay.