Honda Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with Honda Civic Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better HCF? Tell us here.

radio and navigation will shutdown?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2021, 12:15 PM
Default radio and navigation will shutdown?

On a trip, got gas and radio and navigation system shut down, would not turn on and of course, control of air conditioning was not available.
stopped and tried to check and noticed the charging plug in center compartment also not charging phones. turned car off and started after 30 second shutdown.
everything started up everything was working.... ok. while driving again issue happend again, after some miles later. everything came on again, took to dealer they did what they called a hard reset of system
no problem everything worked. about another 4wks later issue repeated. this time I took a video to show service writer... system shutdown everything on screen off radio off but in reverse backup camera came on
and radio came on and when shifted to drive system shut down again.... has anyone had this issue?

since this post it was found that the people at best buy that installed my after market dashcam tapped into the power supply to and that connection that goes to radio and that was the issue
problem is resolved just thought i would follow up

Last edited by larchie; 10-30-2021 at 05:24 PM.