Honda Marine Engines Information on the popular Honda engines in boat use.

Honda BF50A (2003) beeps when accelarating

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 10:38 AM
Default Honda BF50A (2003) beeps when accelarating

Goodday everyone,

Since a week my honda BF50a outboard gets into a safety mode while accelarating. Starting it up everything works all fine and it runs great but once your speeding up the remote starts beeping after about 10 seconds (pretty much at top speed) and the engine gets into a emergency program where it loses power. If i go back to idle speed the beeping goes off and I can accelerate again and it just happens all over again. The green light of oil pressure is burning (which means oil is good, level also!) and the red light for temperature stays off.

I checked the fuel filter and carbs, thats all good. The oil pressure switch works fine (creates a loop while off and gives a open circuit while running), the temperature sensor also doesnt give any alarms on the remote and also works good. I checked the wires from the engine to the remote, they were all good aswell. The green light is always on when you start the engine so that means no oil pressure problems. The red light never goes on and the cooling is also peeing hard so there are no cooling issues.

The only weird thing I found is that the green oil pressure light is always on, even if you take the wire of the sensor. And also when you disconnect the temperature sensor the problem doesnt go away. I also found on the internet that the trim sensor can create a problem and I also disconnected that one but that didnt help either. I took the spark plugs out aswell and they were all looking similar, lightbrown,

Does anyone had this problem or has an idea what it can be? Would be great to hear some suggestions that can maybe help me out!

Thnx guys,

Rob