Honda Scooters Information on Honda's economical scooters.

Im a 17 year old looking into getting a scooter

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 08:49 AM
Question Im a 17 year old looking into getting a scooter

Hello all, I'm a 17 year old looking into buying the Honda Vision 110, currently i do not work but i am planning to save enough money money to buy the scooter. I am looking for some help with how much things like Insurance will cost etc. I understand some of the basics with the costs being higher for younger riders and other related actors like the area you live in or what the scooter will be used for.

I have condensed my questions separately instead of one big paragraph.

So my first question is: Does anyone know how much insurance would cost for a 17 or 18 year old looking to save for this scooter ?

My second question is: How much more will i have to pay with comprehensive insurance + the cost of the insurance for the scooter as a 17 or 18 year old ?

My third question is: How much would things like Fuel and Road tax cost ?

Lastly my fourth question is: How much would MOT cost ?

Thanks for replying to this post.

This is the bike i hope to get one day

Old 09-07-2020, 09:21 AM

Welcome in,you are too young to get insurance on your own, it will have to be a rider on your parents policy, depending on what coverage you choose And which co. You go with will determine your costs. My advice is to get a part time job after school and on weekends and save your money for a car when you are old enough to drive in your State. A car is safer and will be more fun to customize the way you want it. A used civic would be a great starter car and you can build it your way, good luck.