New Member Area New to HF? Stop in tell us about yourself.

2019 Accord Touring

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 06:21 PM
Default 2019 Accord Touring

Just bought this car a couple of days ago and now trying to figure out how to set up HondaLink. I followed the instructions after downloading the app but haven’t had success being able to access any vehicle information or being able to use any of the in app functions. I’ve checked YouTube and couldn’t find anything to solve the problem. Next step is contacting HondaLink. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Old 01-25-2020, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. only suggestion i have is to go back to the dealership you got the car and have the computer geek there to assist you. could be something simple. they have been trained on just about everything the car computer can do. or not do.

Old 08-18-2022, 10:00 PM
Default Reply to 2019 accord toruing

I too own a 2019 Honda Accord Touring

and after working so hard to register download access etc….only to find out via app and tech support that the touring edition is not supported

I was dumbfounded that the flagship of the accord did not have such an option - all I can say is WOW - Honda really missed the boat on this one ……

Old 08-19-2022, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

laz_68 welcome to the forum: you might want to take this to the dealership and see if they might be able to assist you.

Old 08-19-2022, 04:14 PM
Default Reply to acmech- 2019 Accord Touring

So I am in process of having dealer report to HondaLink that my car is a Honda certified preowned - so I can get the 90 complimentary HondaLink - think I am gonna sign up for the Remote package - as the Security package has too little features and the Concierge cost for added features I am not going to use - makes it a no for me.

so here is kicker - the main Honda support line and web site tell me that 2019 only has Basic and Link available but not the other 3. Was told this by two different reps.

yet when I click in the Link button in car - was told 4 different times by reps with very strong accents.

so - just waiting for dealer to do its thing so I can at least try the promo and see if it works and report back to all.

by the way - I have done all updates - or I should say checked - as prior owner had all updates done - prior to the 8/22/22 doom deadline given by Honda

thanks
Laz

Old 08-20-2022, 07:35 AM
Default Update to my 2019 Honda Accord Touring and HondaLink

Ok - it took some work but it works but here is the lowdown

first of all Honda USA and your website comparability chart is wrong.

second of all - the folks I spoke to in India - all 4 of them via the Link button in the car knew what they were talking about.

So it took a bit for the plans to populate for me to order to show up after I registered the app…..almost the entire day. Might had to do with the fact this was a used car.

but I am happy to report that this morning I was able to successfully subscribe to the Remote package and start my car, turn off my car, lock unlock, lights on lights off - you get the idea….it works. Takes a few seconds - but technology is no awesome .

one last note - everyone has until 8/22/22 (2 more days) to update your software or your 3G system will cease to connect - and from what I heard it will require replacement of a part thereafter - can’t imagine that - you figure a usb update would work - just telling you what I have read on website.

anyway - best of luck to all and don’t trust everything you read on internet and sometimes don’t trust those folks with a think accent - they could be scammers too 😁

Old 08-20-2022, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

Thank You for the up date and cautions.