New Member Area New to HF? Stop in tell us about yourself.

98CivicEX Owner Seeking Knowledge

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 06:20 PM
Default 98CivicEX Owner Seeking Knowledge

Hi everybody. I have no idea how to find peace of mind with the internet. I never even had the internet until a year ago. This Civic is my first mechanical endeavor ever. Besides my old pick up which I really haven't done much on besides oil changes and a power steering pump. It seems i never have time as I always find myself needing to go to work for somebody somewhere in order to pay the bills, and I rarely have money for parts or tools. I do have a few friends who have helped me with answers to my questions and tools, and I have definitely learned a bunch in the past year. I'm just not satisfied with how much or how quickly(slowly) i have been able to learn and nowhere near being able to call myself a mechanic. I try to read, but am usually falling asleep by the time I am able to read. And I find YouTube and all of its offerings too maddening and time consuming as I have no way of knowing which videos are good or total whack job stuff until I put the time into watching them. So there is my frustration with the internet. I really can't seem to just ask a question and get an answer. So perhaps you can help. I have no idea how to even do this, or who will even read what I write. Can I put a 1994 1.6liter accord engine in my 1998 civic? That's my biggest and best question right now, as I have access to do that right now. Please help. Also, could i use the struts, and all suspension components from the Accord??? So far all I have done is put the wheels on my civic. Thank you in advance.....I hope this works.

Last edited by ittlebittybigjohn; 05-20-2018 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 05-22-2018, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. you can put any engine into any civic with mods, but state of ca smog law must have equal year or newer year engine in your 98. or must go through referee smog station to get legal smog. the suspension from an accord will not fit a civic, different frame build.