New Member Area New to HF? Stop in tell us about yourself.

hello

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Default hello

HI, came across this website researching the civic hybrids. My current 99 accord v6 is needing the transmission rebuilt, just curious how many people have had issues with their 1998-2002 accord v6's? The transmission shop said they were prone to problems with the torque converter.

thanks = )

Old 01-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: hello

welcome to the forum, yes you are correct, 99 accord has its share of transmission problems, If you can trade up to a newer model, might consider this after your transmission change. Unless you can find a place that will give you a good or better warranty than Honda. 36k or 3 yrs. found a lot of complaints on this year transmission.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Default RE: hello

ORIGINAL: acmech52

welcome to the forum, yes you are correct, 99 accord has its share of transmission problems, If you can trade up to a newer model, might consider this after your transmission change. Unless you can find a place that will give you a good or better warranty than Honda. 36k or 3 yrs. found a lot of complaints on this year transmission.
Thank you, just dropped off the transmission today. I am hoping it is able to be rebuilt soI can have some time toresearch my next honda purchase a little better to avoid future issues such as this. Any insights on the 2005-07 accord hybrids?

Test
Test 2
Test
wtf?