New Member Area New to HF? Stop in tell us about yourself.

Hello + Why I'm here.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 08:06 PM
Default Hello + Why I'm here.

Hello, I bought my current car, a 2010 CRV after rethinking Toyotas after their recall issues a few years back. Unfortunately, I've been regretting that decision ever since I had my car in for a recall over a year ago (related to an issue that could make the vehicle burn excessive amounts of oil). Since that recall and "fix" I have had problems with excessive oil use. The dealership is telling me that's "normal". I recently found out about the TSB and Honda of America saying that burning a quart of oil every 1,000 miles is normal. That as we all know, is rigging the game. That is unethical. I understand that every car company has lemons or has problems they can't fix. But it's what a car company does about theose problems that helps define them. Honda has failed in this respect.

After talking to Honda of America recently - I found they want me to reschedule my 1,000 mile oil consumption tests. This once again, makes my life difficult and makes me wonder what's going to change? If Honda is saying that my CRV can burn up to a quart of oil every 1,000 miles (and mine is just shy of that mark),what is going to be different after these checks show the same thing? I'll do it again but I'm looking for any insight anyone can give me about where to go from here. I see where there's a class action lawsuit involving at least one group of Hondas that have this same problem. I'd like to think that Honda doesn't need that to fix their problems. Am I wrong?

Last edited by DaveDe; 11-27-2012 at 08:10 PM.