New Member Area New to HF? Stop in tell us about yourself.

Help me please

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2021, 09:33 PM
Default Help me please

2013 honda crv 2wd ex......so I replaced the rotors and the brakes that I got from O'Reilly's and I don't know why but I keep hearing squeaking sounds periodically and I did that two days ago and then yesterday one of them is a squeak on the left side just to make sure the hardware wasn't scraping i adjusted it so its not squeaking so bad now but i have a feeling its still going too......is it the rotors from O'Reilly's they're not good for my Honda or what's going on or which rotor and brakes should I buy that are pretty good price that are the best for my crv, so I don't have these issues cuz really annoying already got ripped off once by mechanic so i redid did it myself

Last edited by Motiv930; 05-08-2021 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-09-2021, 12:13 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. after a couple of days of squealing, remove the tire and check to see if there is any new shinny metal that may be rubbing. recheck the pad holders to make sure they are all clear of touching the rotor. if everything looks good, clean the brake rotors and pads by spraying water to clean off the dust on a cool/cold brake. not warm. cold = no warp. if brake still squeals find what is rubbing metal to metal.

Old 05-09-2021, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by acmech52
welcome to the forum. after a couple of days of squealing, remove the tire and check to see if there is any new shinny metal that may be rubbing. recheck the pad holders to make sure they are all clear of touching the rotor. if everything looks good, clean the brake rotors and pads by spraying water to clean off the dust on a cool/cold brake. not warm. cold = no warp. if brake still squeals find what is rubbing metal to metal.
.......ok thank you sounds good