New Member Area New to HF? Stop in tell us about yourself.

hey

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Default hey

[align=center]Hi, I am Brian.
I will put a few things about myself and you can reply with a few things if you choose to.
I am sixteen.
My car is a 1998 Civic DX Coupe.
Original D16Y7, but with a lot of work and a few favors and customized B18C1.
The car is completely, 100%, babied.
Sunday is car day, clean off the engine, etc.
I am considering getting a CRX just for the legend to them.
If you have swap information or suggestions on anything for them, feel free to tell me.
I am a Junior in High School.
I have no perfectly clear ambition in life. (Scary)

I suppose that is all for me.
Anyone else?

[/align]

Old 12-07-2008, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: hey

welcome to the forum, do well in school, perhaps become a Honda tech, or have your own shop, Honda mods. your ride sounds good.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:17 PM

[align=center]I'm doing the best I can with grades.
A's and B's for the most part.
The other day I was hanging around a dealership just looking at the new cars and the guy let me drive an Si around the lot.
He talked to me for a while and then said that I could be a tech around there over winter break.
Now, I know when he says "tech" to me, it means "rookie changing tires and performing other small tasks", but I have no problem spending my whole day at a Honda dealer.
[/align]

Old 12-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

changing tires and washing cars to start is not too bad, but once they know who you are and how you work, they will get you to come into the bay and work the cars. I work in aircraft, and with the training I went through, I would not put a greenie/rookie into the cockpit of the a/c and teach him much, unless he was my son.Too scary for mistakes that cost lots of money. But if you can get into their service dept and start some place, this is a start especially while you are in school. Take some business courses, and charm school.
If you want to learn more on engine swaps, try "Honda by Kojima" he has several books on honda mods, swaps, etc. I have not purchased any of his books.It may be good reading material and helpful to your future if you decide to get into Honda.
Also took a drive in a 06 si, the salesman agood friend drove me out of the lot, and did a 180 in the culdesak full power, I thought I was going to fly out the window. then he said don't do this , leave it to a professional driver with training.