New Member Area New to HF? Stop in tell us about yourself.

honda accord

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Default honda accord

I have 87 Honda accord and I'm having problems with my clutch it is not engage I can't not put my car in gear while running I have to put the car in gear then start it and I can shift it by the rpms but have troble down shifting and does grind from time to time I did buy a clutch but not sure if that's the promblem I have adjusted the cable but cable looks streched and I checked the fluid but fluid is fine please help I don't want to put a new clutch in if I don't have too

Old 04-26-2012, 10:32 AM

Welcome to the forum,you may have put the disc in backwards,or the Throw out bearing is bad.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:41 AM

Hi bro did get your problem solve?

Old 05-23-2012, 05:46 AM

welcome to Honda family

Old 05-30-2012, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

your clutch pressure plate may have failed, not allowing the clutch to disengage to shift. check to see if the clutch throw out bearing arm is moving when you step on the clutch. (need a second set of eyes) if the throw out bearing arm is not moving, the clutch slave cylinder may have failed.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Default clutch problem

the best thing to do in the future when installing install all 3 things new clutch throw out bearing and pressure plate so when u put everything back you dont have to take it back down to do 1 thing that will cost you more on the long run i would check throw out bearing might be bad

Old 06-11-2012, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by RAYDOGZ
the best thing to do in the future when installing install all 3 things new clutch throw out bearing and pressure plate so when u put everything back you dont have to take it back down to do 1 thing that will cost you more on the long run i would check throw out bearing might be bad
Good advice.