New Member Area New to HF? Stop in tell us about yourself.

Multiple problems with my 2012 Pilot

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2023, 05:33 PM
Default Multiple problems with my 2012 Pilot

I've Suffered various issues recently with my 2012 Honda Pilot Touring with only 63K miles. About 7 months ago my Pilot started reducing in speed and stopped suddenly on the highway and had to be towed off the highway for further trouble shooting to determine the reason why. It was determined that the thermostat housing malfunctioned and had to be replaced. Replacement of the thermostat housing was done, shortly thereafter the problems resurfaced by means of the throttle body. Once again repairs we made with a new throttle body, now just recently approximately 1-month ago my Pilot started decelerating on the highway, I took it the same dealership (Millenium Honda) who now states that I am in need of a new Catalytic converter. I then called Honda Headquarters in California and explained to them what happened and my disappointment about the multiple problems with the vehicle. After providing serval documents of proof and highlighting my loyalty to the brand as a 3-time Honda owner which was verified by the manager. I received a call several days later from an individual from management at the Honda Headquarters who informed me that there is nothing that they can do for me. WTF, this is outrageous, clearly this is a manufacturer issue and there should be some accountability on their part. It's all on me, my loyalty means nothing, Honda could kiss my *** from now on. I will never purchase another Honda vehicle ever, the blatant disrespect for me as a loyal customer cut me deeply. Never again, as soon as I can I am going to sell or trade my Honda vehicles for a Toyota. This is BS on so many levels and a huge disappointment from the Honda Corporation. I am now aware that they are not standing behind their brand now do they appreciate customer loyalty.

Old 03-09-2023, 09:14 PM

You could have that same loyalty and circumstances from any manufacturer and they would not do anything for you either.