New Member Area New to HF? Stop in tell us about yourself.

need a little help or suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 11:47 PM
Default need a little help or suggestion

I just bought a 97 integra ls with a b20vtech swap. which im assuming is a honda crv block, and a honda b18 vtech head off a 00 civic si-r. stock tranny im assuming from what the guy has lead me on to believe. First off, this swap was not finished right and theres alot to put back together the RIGHT way. (but it runs, rough-ish) Today i had the cv axle on the passanger side pop out of the tranny and start clanking around in the driveway. So, i went and got a new cv axle put it in correctly and within 5 mins of just sitting in the driveway teeter tottering it forward and backward it was clicking and clacking and popped out again.. I have a full skunk2 coilover kit, the guy i got the car from has it slammed to the ground which i dont care for. No tool to adjust the coilovers and i was wondering would how much the cars lowered play a significant role on the cv axle popping out twice or would it be a bad tranny? The tranny shifts smoothly and ive noticed it has alot of play when in gear.. sloppy short throw install? Please help, me and teggy need it. Thanks

Old 05-07-2011, 07:09 AM

Welcome to the forum,Are you sure you have the right CV axle? the Auto and Manual are different, check the part numbers,also the car may have been in a wreck and the sub frame may be bent. Good luck ,Bobby

Old 05-07-2011, 12:34 PM

i dont think the sub frame is messed up just from a visual look around.. the core support and all the body lines are staight. what im thinking is the guy that i got it from may have bs'd me about what tranny is in it. the only numbers ive found that are on the tranny come off a bar code type sticker on the front of the bel housing. any ideas to how i can varify what tranny is in the car? the tranny shifts smooth but has not been keeping the stock ls cv axle in the tranny, it keeps popping it out.. im lost.. and i have a pr3-3 vtech head, the cast numbers if i turn my head to the left shows a 9 on the bottom and a 0 up top.. which would be 1990... no vtech in 90 so im assuming the head is off a 2006? sorry guys im at a loss and im just trying to figure out what head, block and tranny i have, and what it came out of.. the block is a b20b series. thanks for any help and im sorry for not formaly introducing myself. just kinda stressing about this car.. have limited funds and trying to get this car straight is killing my brain..

Old 05-09-2011, 07:17 AM

Take any numbers you have from the transmission and do a search to see which you have then see if the CV axles match.

Old 05-09-2011, 12:08 PM

there was a partial sticker on the tranny first three digits are y80. im thinking that is the gsr tranny. but automatic and stick doesnt matter. there is no difference.. and even if its a gsr tranny the ls tranny and the gsr are identicle.. the guy i bought the car from swears that the tranny is off a b16 civic

Old 05-10-2011, 08:54 AM

So the numbers do indicate that you have the right CV axles? I feel for ya,when ever someone who owns a vehicle and does strange mods to it and passes it on to someone else there is almost always problems down the road. I really don't know what else could be causing the dropped Axles,sorry

Old 05-10-2011, 07:03 PM

hey whats goin on jdm fam.. i got a question that i need help with.. maybe the HF family can help? i jus got my 90 integra out tha shop (yesterday) and drove it home it was good. today I got in it to test drive it around my neighborhood and i got 2blocks away an it stopped on me.. 2. i was thinkin it was tha gas.. so i went and got gas(everything was gravy) it started up.. then got like 30feet and it died.. what tha blue hell? so mind u my car has been sittin up at tha shop sense last november.. maybe tha gas had to circulate a little.. it kept on sounding like it wanted to start.. but it didnt.. now i knew my starter needed changing could that be tha problem cause it a brand new engine and its not that. maybe it my starter? help

Old 05-11-2011, 12:12 AM

first off. nice thread jack. but check your spark plugs. bad gas could possibly foul out a plug. just make a "thread? and ask that question rather jacking the post i made for my car trouble. thank you

Old 05-11-2011, 12:43 PM

Teggy, please let us know if you find out what your problem is,I would like to know.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:46 AM

hai friends i am new to this........