New Member Area New to HF? Stop in tell us about yourself.

New guy from the state of misery (missouri)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 11:21 PM
Question New guy from the state of misery (missouri)

married father of one, on unemployment, life is f_ckin' great. How's everyone else

Old 01-22-2010, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. You're lucky you're not in California, taxes are going up, fuel cost is up, not much for jobs here, highest unemployment, ton's of foreclosures. But the weather is nice, raining, flooding, snowing in the wrong places, fires. etc. Missouri sure is looking good to me. You've got a wife and son to support, do your job and get a job even if it pays little, you need to be productive for yourself and family. (try to be easy on the foul words please.)

Old 01-23-2010, 09:04 AM
Default Sorry

pardon my french,(sorry about the language). Here's my dilema. Believe me, i'm not on unemp by choice. I live on a large lake called the lake of the ozarks, it's know as mid-america's playground. I was working at a lake bar (seasonal). I had worked there for two years making roughly about $1200.00 every two weeks, i had no trouble making ends meet. Before that i had worked on cars for 10 years doing tire, brake, suspension work, oil changes and i was a state inspector. The bar sold out without warning to us employees who had been laid off for the winter as usual. We had filed our temporary unemp as usual. Then they tell us that they sold out. You would think o.k. I've done automotive work for years i shouldn't have a problem getting a job. Wrong. Trying to raise a family (my daughter is 16 months old and is in diapers.) right now is hard and very stressful. So once again i apologize for the language.

Old 01-27-2010, 02:12 AM
Super Moderator

how about working on cars out of your garage, cater to the one who want to save a little money and have you work on them. Also getting any type of job any where is getting harder and harder. Make up a few flyers simple ones and pass them out to the self service customers, they may need your mechanical services, and ones that you can handle. Don't let people take advantage of you. keep business, business. Keep in touch. if your need assistance, emial me acmech52@yahoo.com