New Member Area New to HF? Stop in tell us about yourself.

New to H.F. - New Story to Tell about my first purchased Honda

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Default New to H.F. - New Story to Tell about my first purchased Honda

Hi Everyone, I'm looking forward to all the information H.F. can provide for me and my Honda. I just recently bought a 2003 Honda Accord Ex Sedan; Automatic.

5 Days old and already I’ve had 2 problems [:@]occur to meover the weekend.

So now I have a few questions in mindregarding Engine Upgrade Add on, and Stereo Upgrade. But before I go there, has anyone had this problem occur to them:

1). Air Valve Stem(Bridgestone Tires) - The valve was sucked into the tire after I removed the air cap. Have you ever seen this? Wellit did to me, and it had the Big "O" Tire Shop, and Honda Dealership Techs scratching their heads. I saw it, and I literally saw the air valvejust disappear into the tire (Big O Found It inside the Tire and Rim). Even the Road SideService guywas like "Wow, never seen or heardsuch a thingbefore".

2) A Certified vehicle, underwarranty w/ extended warranty purchased -just 2 mins after thefirst problem (Flat)and RS Service tech leaving me, the battery dies out on me. Waited for another 2 hrs for service (4 hrs Total between both RS Services)Big "O"checked the battery, alongwith the flat, and test comes backnot good for the battery. The original Battery was low on power,and since I had the hazards on, itdrained whatlittle life it had. I brought it back tothe Honda Dealership, and I was denied reimbursements for the half deadBattery...it even showedas "Good" on diagnostics machine .

All in all I had to pay a total of $180 out of pocket for a new battery and Tire Repair for Valve stem.

I broughtthe vehicle back to the dealership (Grace Honda of San Bruno) and the Warranty did not cover any of my problems. Reimbursements forthe cost of repair to tire,and purchase of a new battery did not happen. Just a pat on the back, and they sent me on my way out the door with my story.

So I feel as if I got ripped off, and was not very[:@]happy about the outcome. People and Friends have given me their opinions and it all comes down to this "That Sucks, they should have taken better care of you, not give you the cold shoulder"...they are right.

But I got the car back up and running[:-]and it working out fine, for now, and for how long? ((Knocks on wood))

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest [sm=s14.gif]

Thanks Guys!

Old 09-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Default RE: New to H.F. - New Story to Tell about my first purchased Honda

Hi there!

I'm very sorry to read that you've had two troubles inone day with your newly-purchased car and I'm even more sorry to say that the car waranty does not cover your trouble.

However, regarding the tyres, you should contact Bridgestone for the waranty, if you have the certificate.

And for the batery, have they checked the charging? The batery itself might have been OK, but it was not properly charged. And THAT is under waranty. In general, depending on batery quality, it might last for 5 or more years (I am from Serbia, people here celebrate sweet 16 for their bateries [8D]).

Hope you'll drive your car happily and with no more troubles.

Cheers,

Lana