New Member Area New to HF? Stop in tell us about yourself.

New Honda Owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 03:35 AM
Default New Honda Owner

Hey, what's up. This forum helped in my decision to get a Honda so I figured I'd contribute my experience.

I got an '06 Civic LX Sedan earlier this week with 28,780 miles. I've always driven Toyota's and lost my Camry to someone who ran a flashing red light. The insurance company gave me an '09 Corolla for 2 weeks until I got into my new car, which I put about 1,500 miles on.

While the Corolla was nice and had a few things I wish my Civic did, but it is definitely not the better car. I drive 35k+ miles a year, mostly city, for work and personal and have spent a good amount of time in both. The Civic is nicer inside, and out. It handles better and more naturally, accelerates smoother. It's also a lot more comfortable and spacious, especially in the rear. Braking is better. The doors on the Corolla were light and and seemed cheap. It handled weird and I was constantly noticing that I was over-steering. It seemed to be too stiff. The Civic's steering is much more intuitive. When you turn the wheel it goes where it feels like it's supposed to go, unlike with the Corolla.

The only place the Civic lacks is in the stereo system. It's not the 'Premium' system and it is horrible. I've always stuck with the stock system and it's been good enough. Tried tweaking the treble and bass, but I can't imagine keeping this one. It really surprised me because I expected it to be great. Speaker placement seems to be good because the sound is more even between the front and rear than previous cars I've had, but it's very hollow, and the bass is weak.

Any good stereo replacements for the '06 LX Sedan?

Other than that though, which is minor, great car.

Thanks,
Very Pleased New Owner

Old 11-22-2008, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New Honda Owner

welcome to the forum, and that is a good report on the civic. and Yes the stereo is a bit to be desired. If you go to crutchfield, you may find some good stereos for a fair price. In my 90 accord, I replace the am/fm with a am/fm/cd 200amp, and changed the front speakers and back with 100w/150w. sounded real good then.