New Member Area New to HF? Stop in tell us about yourself.

ok to install heated seat in Odyssey LX?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2020, 12:36 PM
Default ok to install heated seat in Odyssey LX?

So we just bought a 2020 Odyssey LX over the weekend. It has cloth seats and we are generally very happy with the vehicle. We went into the Dealer looking to walk out with the EX model with heated seats. During the sales process, our salesmen made it a point to say that if all we wanted were heated seats, we could get the LX model and have them installed for around $400-$500. By doing this, we could save a few thousand dollars by going with the LX model over the EX model.

After looking at both models, we decided we really did not need any of the features the EX provided, so we opted for going with the LX with the idea to get heated seats installed.

I have since then spoken to 2 Honda Dealer service departments, including the one we purchased the vehicle from, and they both made it clear that it would be very difficult to get the heated seat installed, and that while some dealers might do it, they were not up for it.

Feeling deceived and pretty agitated, I also then reached out to a local upholstery company who advertises they install heated seats in vehicles. The owner said he has done the job on 2019 Odyssey LX's and could do it for just the driver seat only, and the price seemed reasonable. The upholstery company is reputable and has a lot of great reviews, however I am not sure if I want to trust a non-Honda company with my brand new vehicle.

Any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated. I am also considering just taking the vehicle back to the dealer and demanding the salesmen get us a model with heated seats, seeing as how his own dealer's service department completely contradicted what he told us. However I am imagining that would not yield any real results.

Old 05-06-2020, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. If you go back to the dealer, go to the sales manager, you must have met him during the sale and advise him that the sales person who sold you the lx model ody told you about the heated seats. Do this within the 72 hr return of vehicle contract if not make some noise and have the sales person produce what he said in front of the sales manager. If you install anything out side of the dealership you must get permission in writing from the service manager. If not your warranty goes away. Any dealership does not have to warranty if the electric system fails. If you have more questions please ask.