New Member Area New to HF? Stop in tell us about yourself.

so gasp i dont belong here

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Default so gasp i dont belong here

but i .....and i cant believe im saying this. I have some questions for the honda experts. now its been my personal expeice that alot of guys that claim themselfs to be honda experts are dreaming. but i figgure theres got some realcar guys out there that just perfer hondas so here we go. i drive a camaro i have a friend at work with a civic DX hes talking about how fast it is all the time now ive ridden in it and had him follow me somwere in thee camaro he had trouble keeping up. he claims this is becuse VTEC didnt hit now i know enough about engines to get by but VTEC is not a form of forced induction so theres no wind up its a part of you enigine so shouldnt it "hit" as soon as you step on the gas.....

Old 01-03-2008, 02:58 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: so gasp i dont belong here

Aloha BigNic: I am not a honda expert, but will make a minor attempt to answer your questions. To have a nice fast camaro like yours, a honda needs an engine like the k-20 to keep up with that car ( Honda's Si) or better a S-2000, The S-2000 has the hp to stay up with the camaro.
Per Wikipedia, the vetec system is a simple method of endowing the engine with multiple camshaft profiles optimized for low and high RPM operations. unlike the older American cars with a cam that was made for performance, but lower end had several valves open at the same time making the engine lope run rough. high end was great. vetec is controlled by ECU whichtakes account of engine oil pressure, engine temperature, vehicle speed, engine speed and throttle position.
Honda doeshave a few performance engines, mostly good,clean,low emission type engines, for everyday driving to save on fuel, and not put out much smog.
Hope thisanswers your vtec quesiton. What sizeengine do you have in your camaro?