New Member Area New to HF? Stop in tell us about yourself.

These dealerships are tearing me apart

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 01:48 AM
Red face These dealerships are tearing me apart

Hi guys! I'm new here,
So I'm trying to finance a new 2017 honda civic hatchback ex. I ran various websites to get average prices paid:
MSRP:22800
Truecars: 21608
Edmunds: 21963
Bluebook: 21462

My question is how much should I have to pay for the car? I have excellent credit and can throw down a $4000 down payment.

I recently had to learn the ways of buying a new car. I made the mistake of going to a dealership without any background info and they lied to me the whole way though and I almost lost an unreal amount lot of money if it wasn't for nearly having a panic attack while I was signing papers.

So, I had a 2004 honda civic since 2008 and she lived beautifully well the 9 years I had her, up until someone rear ended me and destroyed her. The only thing I ever had to replace was a part of the a/c unit and some parts that controlled the engine vibrations. Civics are great reliable cars. So it means a lot to me to be able to get a new one.

Please help me

Old 05-10-2017, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. Looks like you have done some homework, you also can go to the internet for any Honda dealership and ask them what is their internet price, make sure you list all the items you want. internet pricing you go to the dealer and skip the sales team and see the internet person, make sure all your financing is ready ahead of time. It would be less cost to use a bank or credit union than finance thru the dealership. Don't tell the dealer how much you want to put down, don't tell the dealership what you want to pay per month. The internet price is about the best you can get unless you have cash or bank financing already set up ( talking cash)

Old 05-11-2017, 05:58 PM

Thank You very much! I'll look into that! for some reason, the banks don't want to give me the same deals the dealerships were. I'm wondering if it's because of all the inquiries these people have done so far.

Old 05-14-2017, 09:29 AM

Good luck on your purchase,I might add go in offering well under what you have posted here and haggle with them,you may be surprised. If they won't deal get up and tell them you are heading to another dealer,they will come down rather than lose a sale they may not stop you from leaving but will be calling you on the phone to deal your way,it's happened to me three times. Oh and try a credit union ,they have much better rates .