New Member Area New to HF? Stop in tell us about yourself.

Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 07:41 PM
Default Warranty

I own a 2018 Crv with 33,000 miles. I noticed that the air was not blowing very cold so I called the dealer to see if the could check it out and was told that I would have to pay them $300 just to check it out. I have never heard of such of thing. Has anybody had this problem or any advice of what to do next. I also purchased the extended warranty when I bought the car.

Old 06-26-2020, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum you need to read what your warranty covers. most warranty do not cover normal ware an tear. but a/c units do go flat not sure if that is warranty or ware and tear. again, read what the extended warranty covers. your vehicle is still under the 3 year, 36k mile warranty, ask the service manager why there is a charge if car is still under warranty.

Old 06-26-2020, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

did some research, a/c refrigerant is 2yr 24k miles warranty. (limited warranty)

Old 06-26-2020, 11:57 PM

[QUOTE=acmech52;35536]welcome to the forum you need to read what your warranty covers. most warranty do not cover normal ware an tear. but a/c units do go flat not sure if that is warranty or ware and tear. again, read what the extended warranty covers. your vehicle is still under the 3 year, 36k mile warranty, ask the service manager why there is a charge if car is still under warranty.[/QUOTE

Thanks for your response. I am in the process of contacting Honda for a explanation for the up front cost. Thanks

Old 06-27-2020, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

would like to know what the reply may be. i think its the cost of evacuating the system, then refill system and leak check, takes time and freon to find the leak. if you know how to service your system, you can get a can of freon and service the system yourself. also add some oil to the system, but if your system leaked out in 2 years, there is a good leak. view all hoses and condensor for oily residue, you might find the leak at a fitting and tighten or someplace you cannot fix.

Old 06-28-2020, 11:01 AM

Well I called Honda yesterday and I to tell the truth it was not a response I was expecting. They told me that every dealership is independent own and can charge what they want but I said don’t they have to honor the warranty? He said maybe try a different dealership. I think this says a lot about a company and I think it has change my mind on where to spend my money. I will turn to social media to let people know about this dealership and about the Honda Corporation in general. I guess it’s just the sign of the times.

Old 06-29-2020, 11:30 AM

There are re-fill cans with pressure gauges for sale in auto parts stores.
Would use that to check to see if there is pressure in the system
If there is pressure then maybe the AC clutch on compressor is not engaging??
If there is little to no pressure then maybe the refrigerant is low and leaking??

Old 06-29-2020, 07:36 PM

I have done that before probably going to try that next. You would think that a car that’s still under warranty that they would take care of it but I guess not. When you go to buy a Honda they stress how good they build these cars. Live and learn.

Old 07-03-2020, 12:42 PM

Is 134a the refrigerant you use in a 2018 crv ac? Thanks for any help.

Old 07-03-2020, 05:38 PM

Most modern motor vehicles use refrigerant 134A
My 2007 CR-V certainly does

If you do it right and the refrigerant is full then you would still be able to return the can??

Last edited by avisitor; 07-03-2020 at 05:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Warranty