Odyssey Forum This minivan is among the class leaders thanks to its roomy interior and powerful engine offerings.

99 odyssey stall while driving......

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Default 99 odyssey stall while driving......

Hi all, hope someone can help me about the problem of my van. 1999 odyssey 169k. New alternator, battery and ignition switch done last year by a recall. I recently had the timing belt replace from acura. Since that was done i had unusual happen. Its starts about 3 weeks after my timing belt replaced my van stall while driving. All lights, radio, sliding door are not working, so i assumed that my alternator need to replaced, after a week or so i still had a problem. when i start the car to warmed up i didnt notice that my engine was die trwhen i put to D4 and i started it again and drove about 10 kilometers the engine was die again but all the lights in the panel are on and it started back up. I drove my car everyday to see if its happened again, so it did happened 4 times in a week. Now this part is the scariest i put my signal on my left then im doing my turn my engine die in a second but started back up without turning my key, the sliding door indicator blink many times, after 5 kilometers to merge in the highway it suddenly stalled and i pulled over to the side right away. luckily theres no car behind us. I'll check all my lights, radio, clock sliding door are all working. I tried to started it again but wont start after 6 times so i drove all the way to my home (32K) without a problem not even engine light, I heard a lot saying that the ignition switch are deffective but i tried all the wiggle test. I'm also thinking the fuel pump but i heard the hissing sound when i turn my key. The last one i suspected is the Crankshaft Position Sensor when they replaced my Timing Belt. I also want to know if cover by the warranty if the Crank Sensor might be the problem, on my thought they may touched the CPS when they install the belt. Is there anyone have idea to resolve my problem. Im looking forward to hear for reply to anyone. Thank you....