Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic... just about anything goes.

Best tips for maintaining car engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 02:46 AM
Default Best tips for maintaining car engine

Here are the best tips for maintaining car engine:

1. Engine oil is the most element of a car engine that plays a vital role in car performance. It should be changed periodically or after every 3,000 to 6,000 miles. Also check the oil level and refill the tank if the level is low.

2. Check the condition of the air filter. If you find any kind of dirt or crack in the air filter, immediately replace it or else it would hamper the functioning of the car engine.

3. Whenever you decide to replace engine parts, ensure that you use original components. Faulty and fake engine components may damage the engine completely if they don't fit in well or are not reliable.

4. Use clean fuel for your car. Adding a fuel stabilizer to the engine can also be helpful for preventing gas from going stale.

5. Inspect the condition of the spark plug and if required change them. Damaged or ineffective spark plugs hamper the performance of the car engine and also prevents costly engine repairs.

6. If in case you find any kind of strange noises from the engine, get it checked from the mechanic and make sure that the necessary repair is done.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:24 AM

Hey after following this my car engine will be alive for long time without any problem.I will definitely follow it to keep my car long lasting.Thanks for sharing this wonderful tips with me.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:00 AM

Wow that's really great to know about it.I will definitely follow this tips to maintain my car engine.Its really good to know.Its really very important for all of us who have cars.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:37 AM

Hey, Thanks a lot Maheshika for the informative tips on taking good care of car engine. It is a great eye opener to all car owners. I just want to know whether you are referring to only Honda cars here. Will it differ significantly for other brands? And I think the engine matters also depend on the car’s design type as well. (Like auto or manual, diesel or petrol etc.)

Old 02-21-2011, 09:11 PM

Krogh.....That advice applies to all cars, frequent oil changes being the most important.
I had one car for 29 years, a 1972 Olds Cutlass 442 with a 455. I changed the oil & filter every 2 months. End result: when that car really & actually fell apart as a result of severe rusting in 2000, it was running just as well as when I bought it in 1971.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:24 AM

Welcome to the forum

Old 03-08-2011, 09:32 AM

And use your owners manual,it there to help you.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:43 AM

I would have to disagree On only using oem parts. Sometimes thus is the case an other times it is not. Just depends on te vehicle and the part that needs to be replaced.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:48 AM

I never use OEM unless I have to.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:05 AM

I will surely follow this tips.Its good to have and follow such awesome tips for maintaing my car.

Quick Reply: Best tips for maintaining car engine