Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic... just about anything goes.

BS emissions ticket

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 08:27 PM
Default BS emissions ticket

My friend has a 91 Acura Integra GS with a OBX exhaust system that pass's smog, we got pulled over and the cop said he had illegal mods on his car, which in that case they told him to get out of the car stand back and then proceeded to take pictures of the engine and everywhere else he could Which are not illegal because he passed the smog test. we were talking about trying to find all the people we could to drive up with us to the hearing, because they are going after all the import tuners in which it said "STOP THE RICERS". In the description of the act that we found it was to stop street racing, but in-turn for us it was harassment, because we were not just driving down the and sped up from about 2 blocks down the road to stop the car.

We would really like some support on this
Please and Thank You.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:07 AM

And what state would that be ?

Old 12-22-2013, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by bucwheat
And what state would that be ?
California

Old 12-23-2013, 07:00 PM

Figures,some crazy laws out there, sorry.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:36 PM

well technically it would be an illegal mod if your muffler is to loud i know obx makes some loud ricey exhaust. in my state of ct i use to get pulled over for my old fart can exhaust all the time so either change it or use a silencer. california is very strict with mods i know theres only like 2 or 3 legal air intakes.also you do know police have no legal rite to search your car without a warrant rite ???

Last edited by lowlife9; 12-26-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:18 AM

[QUOTE=lowlife9;22303]well technically it would be an illegal mod if your muffler is to loud i know obx makes some loud ricey exhaust. in my state of ct i use to get pulled over for my old fart can exhaust all the time so either change it or use a silencer. california is very strict with mods i know theres only like 2 or 3 legal air intakes.also you do know police have no legal rite to search your car without a warrant rite ???[/QUOTE

No his isnt a fart can, it's that loud and yeah we know that, but the cop pretty much did what he wanted. My friend was in Second gear and going 15 miles an hour you couldn't hear the exhaust, and his car pass's smog with the obx.

Old 12-27-2013, 09:11 AM

well then if your 100% legal then you will have nothing to worry about in court. if you passed smog then you obviously will have papers providing proof and the case will be thrown out. also you must have CARB stickers for your other mods correct ???. if the exhaust is to loud then it will not pass dmv inspection and will need to be replaced. he did what he wanted because they think this is **** germany and can do what they want and you probably let them. next time brush up on your constitutional rites as a motorists.if the problem persist you can file a harassment compliant with the officer.

Last edited by lowlife9; 12-27-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:56 PM

He wouldn't let him speak, when he tried talk the officer would cut him off and ignore him.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:23 AM
Super Moderator

Just some Information for those who own mod hondas especially civics and accords, acuras in the state of Ca. The police will always be watching for the mod cars, not the stock ones, no matter how old you are. These are the most stolen and mod cars driven with illegal parts. Be sure to have all receipts (copy of ) and serial numbers of all mod parts on your vehical, be polite and allow them to search what ever they want, make sure you have no drugs or chemicals or weapons on the car. DO NOT antogonize the officer, he can impound your car at will if you mouth off. speak or answer only when spoken to. make sure you do have the current registration and insurance papers as required. I have seen all ages get pulled over in modded honda products. If you are illegal with no papers, be prepared to have your car crushed... This is serious, has been done, I have watched it..
This is the added penalty of having a mod honda product.

Last edited by acmech52; 12-28-2013 at 04:25 AM.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:23 PM

yes and don't forget to Salute your officer's after the search.

Quick Reply: BS emissions ticket