Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic... just about anything goes.

diesel engine tuning tips and advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 06:10 AM
Default diesel engine tuning tips and advice

1. adjust your turbo boost pressure by adjusting your turbo waste gate to put more pressure on the spring so ur turbo blows of at a higher rate there for causing more pressure which will increase power.bearing in mind do not adjust the pressure to much because it will cause damage to the cylinder head and could even crack it.

2. gas flow your cylinder head and inlet manifold by taking off your inlet manifold and grinding of the burd edge on all the ports top and bottom of the manifold and doing the same on the cylinderhead.this will create more air flow into the block so will make your mixture bettter there for making it burn better which will give more power.

3. increase the size of ur air in take put a bigger air intake on ur car. this will once again put a higher ratio of air to fuel into ur engine. which gives more power.

4.free flow air filter putting a k and n air filter in will give a higher rate of air into ur engine but would not make much diffrance unless you inceased the size of ur air intake.

5. large intercooler putting a race intercooler into your car will make the air colder which then makes the air denser inside the engine which will give a better burn causing more power

6. race exhaust and decat pipe well putting one or both of these onto your car will do the same as the above but from the other end of the engine ie your car will be able to get rid of the waste gases faster causing your engine to have less resistance (engine holding back) if you do fit a decat pipe it will fail MOT so u would need to refit it for MOT.

these are the things i have found you could do to ur engine as a start and would not cost much at all to get done or do your self i would like to know everyonecs opions on all of the above cheers all

i hope some of this will help people with deisel engines........

Old 07-09-2010, 10:56 PM

Oh its was great to know about the tips of tuning the diesel engine.Its good to know.I'll keep them in mind.