Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic... just about anything goes.

Mistreated by CRV OWNERS FORUM !

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2021, 02:11 PM
Default Mistreated by CRV OWNERS FORUM !

Spoiler

Old 06-25-2021, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear about how they treated you. Hope you might be able to assist those on this forum.

Old 06-26-2021, 09:52 AM

I am on that forum. Have you tried to contact the mods there for help?
Well, hopefully everything will be better here.

Old 09-12-2023, 08:56 PM

I'm been a member of the Honda CRV Owners Forum for a number of years and have to say the comment from the thread starter that "the moderators on the afore mentioned forum are vindictive and without reasoning power" is for some of them unfortunately true at times. In particular, the moderator "The Dark Knight" is caustic, closed-minded, and best avoided. He (or she) comes down on forum members who don't accept his views, as if his opinions are indisputable fact. In short, he lacks empathy for the opinions of others. To give just one example, he chided a member for posting a review about the CRV with the reply "Why are you relying on a biased review from a random YouTuber nobody?". I asked him how was the reviewer biased, and he responded that all reviewers are biased, as if that was supposed to be some sort of reasonable answer. I'm left with an overall negative view of that site I previously viewed rather highly primarily because of this particular moderator.

Last edited by ozzierabbit; 09-15-2023 at 11:39 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 09-13-2023, 06:07 AM

I do not have an issue with any of the moderators there. Then again, I am not there arguing about reviews or what people think about the vehicles. I am especially not making the moderators angry with persistent comments or posts. Remember the purpose of the forum is to be a community of like minded members who like their vehicles and are helping each other when problems arise. If all you do here is criticize Hondas and the other people here then you are probably not welcome. However, the moderator here is much easier going. You can post almost anything. (As a FYI, do not argue with the owners or moderators of the forum even if you are polite)

Old 09-13-2023, 08:47 AM

I take it you were replying to me. I've been a member of that forum for a number of years and hadn't encountered such a rude and disrespectful moderator before. I feel your remark in response to my single post "If all you do here is criticize Hondas and the other people here then you are probably not welcome" was accusatorial and unwarranted. My issue with that site is a moderator with views off the mainstream who can't tolerate differing opinions and castigates others for them. I feel it acts as a downer for the entire site. I thank this site for letting me post this. I surely could not post it there.

Last edited by ozzierabbit; 09-17-2023 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-13-2023, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by ozzierabbit
I'm been a member of the Honda CRV Owners Forum for a number of years and have to say the comment from the thread starter that "the moderators on the afore mentioned forum are vindictive and without reasoning power" is for some of them unfortunately true at times. In particular, the moderator "The Dark Knight" is caustic, closed-minded, and best avoided. This person is intolerant of opinions that he disagrees with. To give just one example, he chided a member for posting a review about the CRV with the reply "Why are you relying on a biased review from a random YouTuber nobody?". I asked him how was the reviewer biased, and he responded that all reviewers are biased, as if that was supposed to be some sort of reasonable answer. From other posts it's apparent that he believes that auto reviews are a waste of time and a joke, which he has every right to believe, but he imposes this highly subjective belief to forum members as if it was obvious as common knowledge. If you challenge him but happen to draw his ire, he'll simply delete your posts (as an fyi, I always respond politely). I'm left with an overall negative view of that site primarily because of this particular moderator.
Tell them to curb the actions of the idiot and if they don't.....Warn them all of your intent to hack their forum server with a kernel root kit virus to give them what for.

Old 09-13-2023, 10:03 AM

Hold on dude, your suggestion is quite disturbing and is entirely inappropriate. My posts here are meant as an fyi, not some vindictive call to action. Unfortunately, forum moderators and administrators can pretty much do whatever they want. Admittedly, forums aren't democracies.

Last edited by ozzierabbit; 09-13-2023 at 01:10 PM.
Old 09-30-2023, 05:13 AM
Default Ssdd

This is my first post here. The topic of this thread (resurrected) is the reason why I joined. For clarity, I found the moderators at the subject board to be reasonable and respectful. The administrator aka dark knight, is an entirely different story. It appears he may be well intended however his micro-management technique, apparent lack of people skills and penchant to reply, criticize or chastise every post tends to squash the desire to contribute. Maybe it is a cultural issue…

Old 03-30-2024, 06:09 AM

My observation...it looks like maybe 3 of the 'old' mods have not been seen there in a couple weeks?! Gone??