problem with XR650L, fires but wont start - The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts.

Old 03-14-2010, 01:42 PM

Default problem with XR650L, fires but wont start

So I picked up this 94 xr650l with a bad trans, bike ran ok but 2nd gear skips, had about 11k on it, so I pulled it apart put about $400.00 in the trans when I got it back together and tryed to start it all it does is fire once then a complete rotation and fires again, wont start, tryed a new battery with more power, same thing, tryed pull starting it, same, checked ignition timing, cam timing, compresion, spark, fuel all is good, even tryed starting fluid, still the same, so I called the local Honda dealer asked them to check it out, they said in an hour they could ether fix it or tell me what was wrong, 2 weeks later I get a call, they said they had checked everything I checked and had no Idea what was wrong and they had 2 hours in it come pick it up, so $180.00 later, still in the same boat so I pulled it back apart to check it out, found the counter balencer was off 2 teeth, put it back together, same thing. any body got any Ideas????