Other Honda Cars and Trucks Don't see your vehicle listed above yet? This is the place for your information.

crx 6speed??????

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Default crx 6speed??????

i was wondering if there is a 6 speed trans for the d or b series motor? im working with an 85 crx si and i wanna do a swap i heard that the d series is not the best platform for a turbo setup, but what if i do all the internals ???? will it handle a lot of boost??? if there is a site were i can just pick out what internals i need and/or want can anyone tell me????? any ideas or if theres a better swap im all ears im just doing research right now

Old 09-23-2008, 02:11 AM
Default RE: crx 6speed??????

I CANT HELP YOU ON THE TRANNY ISSUE BUT YOU CAN GET A PRETTY GOOD BOOST ON YOU D SERIES MOTOR. I HAVE A 95 EX WITH A D16Z6 THAT IS BOOSTING 10LBS. THE INTERNAL THAT YOU WILL NEED ARE PISTONS WITH A LOWER COMPRESSION IS RECOMENDED FOR BIGGER BOOSTS RODS AND POSSIBLY A BLOCK GAURD. THATS ALL THAT WILL BE MOST IMPORTANT. YOU CANT REALLY BLOW ANYTHING UP WITH THAT SETUP AS LONG AS YOU DONT GET GREEDY WITH BOOST. TRY TUBOKITS.COM. THEY CAN HELP WITH THE INTERNALS. OR WWW.CRAIGSLIST.ORG YOU CAN SEARCH LOCALY FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE SELLING PART AND TRADING PARTS FOR YOU VEHICLE FOR AMAZING DEALS. I FELL IN LOVE WITH THAT SITE AND HAVE GOTTEN 4 OR 5 CARS FROM THERE JUST THIS YEAR. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROJECT.