Pilot Forum This mid sized SUV offers the towing capacity of a small truck, with the interior room of an SUV.
View Poll Results: Sue the idiot or not
Sue the idiot
100.00%
Quit crying and cut your loses
0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

2010 pilot

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2023, 05:36 PM
Default 2010 pilot

I bought a 2010 pilot ex 4wd tow package with 174k miles for $8000. Dealer lied showing me a clean carfax with no accidents and said it was a southrrn pilot.. I ran my own carfax for my records the next day and it actually had 2 accidents and was from up north.... lying scumbag I'm going to take to small claims for fraud. I have his FB marketplace ad Screencast stating no accident clean carfax.when I called to give him the chance to take his car back he changed the ad by taking out the no accidents clean carfax. On the test drive I heard noises in the back that sounded like a bad shock...he said it was the spare tre...WRONG it's not budging....so new shocks are ordered. Also his advertising rear license plate had bondo underneath and the screws were wrong size and took vice grips to get the out. He also said he flushed the trans with new fluid...think hes full of ****? I do...I guess my question is...did I get ripped at that price? Would you sue?

Old 04-18-2023, 09:52 PM

You knew it had accidents prior to paying?

Old 04-18-2023, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by grcauto
You knew it had accidents prior to paying?
no. The dealer advertised. in his ad no accident clean carfax. Showed us a clean carfax. The next day i found bondo on back under his advertising license plate. I ran a carfax an found he lied about it not being from up north and it had two accidents. The price was based on excellent clean carfax condition.this guy lies about everything. We are suing since he won't take the pilot back I specifically was looking for zero accident pilot. I passed on one with 128k but one accident for this supposed no accident pilot

Old 04-19-2023, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Tarvin890
no. The dealer advertised. in his ad no accident clean carfax. Showed us a clean carfax. The next day i found bondo on back under his advertising license plate. I ran a carfax an found he lied about it not being from up north and it had two accidents. The price was based on excellent clean carfax condition.this guy lies about everything. We are suing since he won't take the pilot back I specifically was looking for zero accident pilot. I passed on one with 128k but one accident for this supposed no accident pilot
I see, You have the ad showing he lied? Tell him he'll be paying all your expenses including the costs for the highest priced lawyers you can find.

Old 04-19-2023, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by grcauto
I see, You have the ad showing he lied? Tell him he'll be paying all your expenses including the costs for the highest priced lawyers you can find.
yes my wife screen shot the fb marketplace ad he had on it. She heard him tell us repeatedly no accident and saw him show me the carfax that was clean. Top amount I can get in Mississippi County I'm in is $3500. I'm picking up the paperwork from the court tomorrow. Meanwhile a dealer about 60 miles away has a 2011 2wd with 115k with a real carfax that's clean for real.. may buy also.

Old 04-19-2023, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tarvin890
yes my wife screen shot the fb marketplace ad he had on it. She heard him tell us repeatedly no accident and saw him show me the carfax that was clean. Top amount I can get in Mississippi County I'm in is $3500. I'm picking up the paperwork from the court tomorrow. Meanwhile a dealer about 60 miles away has a 2011 2wd with 115k with a real carfax that's clean for real.. may buy also.
Yeah! Park that one and get yourself the other or something but don't drive this one any more than needed. Sue that other idiots butt hard.