Pilot Forum This mid sized SUV offers the towing capacity of a small truck, with the interior room of an SUV.

New Pilot problems?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 04:10 AM
Default New Pilot problems?

I work at a manufacturing plant for Honda, and a month or so ago we had a company meeting about the previous quarter, and they mentioned a huge increase in production for the Honda Pilot. They didn't mention why, one person in charge of Assembly said it was because people were buying them left and right (which I doubt cause as far as I know, not many people in this country have ~$30,000 lying around, especially with what's been going on), and some saying that it's due to a recall involving the transmission of the New Model Pilots. My questions are A) which one is true, because I can't find any proof of either rumor on the Internet, and I looked everywhere, and B) why can't they just contact the makers of the transmission and ask them to make more, less faulty transmissions instead of having the manufacturing plants like the one I work at, GTI, make more parts? I'm new to how automotive factories work, so I don't know. Thanks for any help you bring!