Prelude Forum This sporty coupe was popular with anyone who wanted a sporty, economical ride.

Oh Beloved Prelude

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Question Oh Beloved Prelude

I have a 1986 Honda Prelude, it's the fully automatic, 1.8L, carborated engine, the coupe version. It's not the cool SI but, it's still a Honda. Anyways; the front CV axels are out and nowhere intown has the left one in and it will be about 500 dollars to fix, I could buy the axels themselves and have someone fix them, but no one has the time and of course I do not know how to change them. I loved this car to death and I would hate to give it up...but I'd be willing to sell it to a person who needs parts or has the time to repair it. I just dont know what to do!!! Anyways...If anyone in Alaska is interested or if anyone can give me some pointers it would help me out very much.

Thanks!!!!

Old 09-01-2009, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums.. just go to an auto parts store near you and pick up a haynes or chilton book on your car and they will show you step by step how to change the CV axels

Old 09-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Wink

hey thanks for that! I should step up and try to attempt the repair, think I will find one and try it out! Hopefully I wont make matters worse!

hehe

Thanks!