PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Top spec Concerto needs saving

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 10:44 AM
Default Top spec Concerto needs saving

**SOLD**

Hi all, have joined this forum to appeal to like minded owners as I am reluctantly having to sell our Concerto. We brought the car from my parents in 2008 (they were owners since 2000). It has failed its MOT due to the age old problem of rust at bottom of wheel arches and sills. Due to the fact that the car had to be sold anyway due to other cars in the household, I am thinking it is better to sell as a repair job instead of having to find the money ourselves to fix it. PLEASE READ ON, AS THIS IS NOT YOUR AVERAGE, TIRED OLD CONCERTO. It is a 1994/M 1.6 16v SE Automatic. 73,200 genuine miles. Full Honda Service history, stamped in book up to 45,000 miles, and then any other work has been done by experienced Honda Technician as a private job. We have MOT certificates dating back to 2005 and invoices dating back to 2005, showing all work completed over the years. As per the SE spec, the car has E/windows and sunroof, full leather interior, air con (would benefit from a re-gas), original radio cassette/stereo and original carpet mats which are in good condition due to the use of over mats at all times. There are 2 sets of keys, one with remote fob and the car has a Power Max stainless steel middle and rear section exhaust, which was fitted in June 2008 and has a lifetime guarantee. The cars exterior is in good condition, with minor, small scratches and a few small car park door dents. The interior of the car is in excellent condition- the front seats have been covered during our ownership. Both rear tyres are excellent, the fronts are OK. A new windscreen was fitted by Auto Windscreens in September 2014, due to a stone chip/crack. The car failed its MOT on 21st November, due to the rust on rear sills, with no other advisories. The engine I believe is perfect. No oil has ever had to be added between oil changes, with the last oil and filter change done at 68,687 miles, using genuine filter. The car is totally too good to scrap. It drives perfectly and as many of you probably know, it performs as well as a lot of more modern cars. I am hoping to sell the car to someone who can easily do the welding required, as with this fixed, someone really would be getting a lot of car for the money. I am pricing the car at a realistic £300 as the condition of engine, exhaust, body and interior more than justify this. The car really is a lot different from your normal MOT failure and deserves to be fixed and back on the road. Any questions and enquires, then please feel free to ring. My numbers are 07837024063 (mobile) or 01270 620130. I am new to the site and not very PC literate, so don't know how to include images, so if anyone who can tell me how to do this, or I can email/text pictures over. Thanks for taking the time to read my advert, David.

Last edited by Mac Dave; 12-04-2014 at 12:57 PM.