Ridgeline Forum This new truck, the first of it's kind from Honda, is likely to be a class leader with it's powerful engine and unique options both inside, and out.

Extended Warranty?

Old 10-27-2018, 05:33 PM
Default Extended Warranty?

I bought a 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E a few months back and it now has just over 2500 miles on it. I know that once I hit 3000 miles, I am no longer eligible for an extended warranty. I have been debating getting the extended warranty due to all of the special electronic features built into my truck, but the cost is very steep and I am having trouble justifying spending $3500 for a 10 year/100k mile warranty (10% off for costco membership though). What do you guys think i should do? Here are the features that are concerning me right now:

-Truck Bed Audio
-Powered drivers seat adjustments (since it moved forward and back every time i get in, or out of the truck)
-Honda Sensing
-Adaptive Cruise Control
-Lane keep assist
-Snow/mud/sand functions

Old 10-27-2018, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. my opinion. i can work on the 02 civic i purchased new, and the 07 Fit. while i was working, i traveled 65+ miles one way, i did not want to worry about any electrical problems or engine failures or trans failures, so i paid the price for the 10 yr 100k mile warranty and let honda worry about any failures. the civic had a srs warning 2x, and a few other minor problems, at the end of 100k the warranty paid itself a few times over. the Fit, no problems at 100k, paid for the warranty for nothing. but on both cars, i had a peace of mind to not worry about the problems you are thinking. i made sure that the dealer did all mx to the car and paid for it. civic had 300k+ miles when i gave it to my son. my Fit now has 285k+ changed plugs, coils,cat and i still own it. can go to new york from Ca. today if needed to no problems. if you are not a good mechanic might want to get the warranty. if you are a certified mechanic warranty may not be needed. Honda's last a long time and most things fail withing 20k miles the newer vehicles all of them are no longer back yard maintenance friendly. Anything that goes wrong may be above the cost of the warranty and peace of mind. you can do some good shopping and find warranties for half the cost, but MUST READ what is covered or not. I now have a certified shop at less cost than Honda to do my work, so i got a 1800.00 warranty for my town and country at 90k miles good to 190k miles, all work must be documented.

Old 10-28-2018, 12:39 PM

Thank you very much for the reply. I am going to get the extended warranty for piece of mind after considerting your and others replies, but I was curious if "shopping around" to different Honda dealers closer to me is a possibility, or if I need to buy the warranty from the dealer I purchased from? Would they all be offering the same price of $3500 wtih a 10% Costco discount, or is it possible that I could get a better deal somewhere else? I actually bought my car out of state, but did so directly over the border so about a 30 mile drive to dealer.

Old 10-29-2018, 01:01 AM
Super Moderator

when we decided to get the extended warranty on our town and country with 90k miles, the wife did a lot of shopping on line and viewed what was covered on every warranty, we then decided to get the one advertised by KFI for 1300.00. we documented all the work that was done and needed to be done per warranty at a shop close to us and they paid for the alternator, radiator,etc. normal ware and tare like brakes, wipers,tires are not covered, if the ecu/ccu/high dollar items went bad it would be covered. the dealership we purchased the town and country wanted 3000 for their warranty coverage, so we saved 1700.00 like auto insurance and life insurance, need to shop and read what you will be covered for and what needs to be done to keep the warranty. (Document all work) you can shop from any Honda dealer you wish.

Old 02-18-2019, 10:20 PM

You can buy a warranty from Honda if you have less than 6,000 miles and or 6 months. Sacucci Honda has the best prices. $1300 for 98 months 120K miles.
https://www.saccuccihondacare.com

Last edited by felitopaz; 02-18-2019 at 10:31 PM.