Ridgeline Forum This new truck, the first of it's kind from Honda, is likely to be a class leader with it's powerful engine and unique options both inside, and out.

Tacoma to Ridgeline

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2021, 11:28 AM
Default Tacoma to Ridgeline

Hi, I found this forum and was hoping to get some honest answers. I have a 2021 Toyota 4x4 Off-Road crew cab purchased in November 2020. I don't do any serious offroading but do go to the beach with my Waverunner. I'm thinking of jumping ship to the new Ridgeline due mainly for comfort. My daughter gets motion sickness riding in the rear of the Tacoma and I hear all the complaints whenever we go somewhere and I feel really bad. Yes, the Tacoma is bouncy with the Bilstein shocks. According to KBB my Tacoma is worth $45-$49k. I like the Ridgeline Sport HPD MSRP around $42k. I read and watched all the reviews on youtube on the Ridgeline and looks like it's a winner since it's more spacious and rides and handles like an SUV. Also, Tacoma's registration in California is over $600 a year, how much for the Ridgeline? I'm sure registration, insurance, and gas are higher on the Tacoma since it's a true 4x4. Is it worth getting into a Ridgeline? Thanks in advance.

Old 11-16-2021, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by justforfun
Hi, I found this forum and was hoping to get some honest answers. I have a 2021 Toyota 4x4 Off-Road crew cab purchased in November 2020. I don't do any serious offroading but do go to the beach with my Waverunner. I'm thinking of jumping ship to the new Ridgeline due mainly for comfort. My daughter gets motion sickness riding in the rear of the Tacoma and I hear all the complaints whenever we go somewhere and I feel really bad. Yes, the Tacoma is bouncy with the Bilstein shocks. According to KBB my Tacoma is worth $45-$49k. I like the Ridgeline Sport HPD MSRP around $42k. I read and watched all the reviews on youtube on the Ridgeline and looks like it's a winner since it's more spacious and rides and handles like an SUV. Also, Tacoma's registration in California is over $600 a year, how much for the Ridgeline? I'm sure registration, insurance, and gas are higher on the Tacoma since it's a true 4x4. Is it worth getting into a Ridgeline? Thanks in advance.
Justforfun, the only thing I can contribute is the 2021 registration for my 2019 Ridgeline RTL-E in South Carolina --- $623.80.
Hope this helps.

Old 01-24-2022, 01:10 PM

Update: Purchased a 2022 Ridgeline RTL-E. So far insurance for the Ridgeline is higher than the Tacoma even with the Anti-theft system that came with the Ridgeline.