S2000 Forum This powerful, yet efficient rear wheel drive sports car is popular among both performance car enthusiasts and the average person who wants a quick droptop.

New Thread/old owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 11:51 PM
Post New Thread/old owner

I’ve just joined the S2000 Forum, though I’ve owned an S2000 since I purchased it new in 2005. A couple of years ago, I had to have a knee replaced, which makes gettin my 6’ frame in and out of my Honda quite a bit of a hassle. After some thought, I’ve decided it’s time to part with my car. I have no idea how to sell this vehicle, though the local sports car dealer tells me approximately what it’s worth. I’m happy to provide details on the vehicle, which is currently with me in Tucson, AZ.

Honda Factory Spoiler; new Soft Top

Old 08-09-2020, 02:23 AM
Super Moderator

sorry to hear of your surgery, at least your knee is a bit better. friends have placed ads on facebook, ebay with a reserve, and craigslist. do not allow test drive unless they put full cash price in your hand, in case they take off with your car or wreck it. car looks to be in excellent condition, should get almost retail price for it. good luck on the sales.

Old 08-09-2020, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by acmech52
sorry to hear of your surgery, at least your knee is a bit better. friends have placed ads on facebook, ebay with a reserve, and craigslist. do not allow test drive unless they put full cash price in your hand, in case they take off with your car or wreck it. car looks to be in excellent condition, should get almost retail price for it. good luck on the sales.
When I go to see a vehicle for sale, I never put cash into the guys hands for test drive.
If the vehicle doesn't drive right then try asking for the money back. No. Doesn't work for anyone I know.
I also insist on being able to put a code reader on to check readiness monitors and DTCs.

There has to be an agreement before test drive. Never let the buyer drive alone.
And plan the route ahead of time.
And make sure you have copied or got a picture of the driver's license.
Or, even hold onto their license.
Know who you are dealing with. They need to have a valid driver's license.
Remind them that if the sale does go through then all that information must be exchange anyway.

Always make sure they are serious buyer. Ready to pay for it.

Old 08-09-2020, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

Just for info, had 2 different friends selling cars, one wrecked the car and did not pay, the other gave a false drivers license and never returned the car. both ended up with their vehicle one had to be fixed out of his own pocket, the other police found the car stripped. use your best judgment. if a person is serious of buying the car, he has the cash or bankers check ready. or go to the bank. or ride with them.

Old 08-10-2020, 02:09 PM

Should always go with the test drive. If there is an accident then report it to police.
Police can verify right away if license is real or not. Then proceed to sue for vehicle.
It is okay to ask to see the cash or bank check. But, never trust any checks.
Go with them to get cash at bank.

I understand your reluctance to allow a test drive.
However, there are precautions that always should be taken.
Not one has been asked to pay for vehicle ahead of time.
You don't go to a dealership and test drive a car you already paid for???