Sport RC51, CBR, Super Hawk, 919, Interceptor, 599, Dream 50R, and NSR50R related information.

RC51 and PCIIIUSB

Old 05-03-2007, 03:21 AM
wES
Default RC51 and PCIIIUSB

Hey guys,
Just bought a 2002 RC-51 off some mechanical engineer who had the Power Commander III USB installed. Now before messing around with this thing I did enough research to understand it's basic functions and utilities. My problem is that my laptop with the PC (PC = Power Commander, not personal computer) program won't communicate with the PC itself. I don't have a battery powering the PC, but I have tried many different ways of connecting, such as with and without the bike running.

The weird thing is that when the bike is running, there is a light that comes on the PC, which would naturally mean that it is functional. Even then it won't communicate with my laptop. I was wondering if there was something special that I needed to do because I am very unfamiliar with this electronic piece of equipement and just wan't to know how to get it to communicate with my laptop because I already have a few maps that I want to try out, it's just a matter of getting them on the PC.

You could either post here or email me : wes_hubert@hotmail.com

Thanks alot !