CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

2006 diesel crv engine light/limp home mode

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 06:52 PM
Default 2006 diesel crv engine light/limp home mode

Hi! Crv is randomly going into limp home mode, have read for faults, throttle position sensor sometimes comes up. But the car will reset itself when turned off for a few mins, might go into limp home 100m later or go for ages with no probs. Mechanic has checked all wires to/from the sensor, is reluctant to put a new sensor on as the current one looks new (bought car in jan), they are around £370 and he’s never actually seen it go into limp home, he even kept and drove it for a day to see if there was any clues when he was driving it.
Has anyone else had this issue? What did y’all do?

Old 03-03-2019, 07:22 PM

Sounds like a classic example of 'it works when you take it to the mechanic.'

If you can convince your mechanic to ride along while you drive, the problem might occur. I'd would work even better if you have them took up a scan tool while you're driving, so they can see the problem as it happens.

If they don't want to do that, then good luck. I had a PCM go out on me on one of my cars, and it would never fail when my mechanic looked at it. After he had it for a week with the problem not happening, I went to his shop and the car dropped before I got to the end of the block.

My car had a lot of miles, but I'm sure you can see what I'm getting at: see if they'll ride with you until in happens.