CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

2018 CRV Horn Upgrade

Old 04-14-2019, 02:52 PM
Default 2018 CRV Horn Upgrade

I was almost in an accident and decided I need a better, louder, and more authoritative sounding horn. I installed the Hella Supertone and it sounds pretty good. I even made a video on it

Go easy on the quality of the video, it was my first try at video editing.

Old 04-15-2019, 12:53 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. just a heads up, since your car is under warranty, and you may have not gotten the ok/blessing from the Honda dealer service dept to install these good horns, if you end up with any kind of electrical short or problem, be aware that Honda will tell you sorry you modified your horn and that is what caused the problem. any Honda owner may mod his or her car under warranty only if it has been approved by the dealership service dept. most will say, buy the item and we will install it for a labor fee, but you will be 100% under warranty during the warranty period. if your car is out of warranty, you can do as you please when and how ever you wish. ( info only )

Old 04-15-2019, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by acmech52 View Post
welcome to the forum. just a heads up, since your car is under warranty, and you may have not gotten the ok/blessing from the Honda dealer service dept to install these good horns, if you end up with any kind of electrical short or problem, be aware that Honda will tell you sorry you modified your horn and that is what caused the problem. any Honda owner may mod his or her car under warranty only if it has been approved by the dealership service dept. most will say, buy the item and we will install it for a labor fee, but you will be 100% under warranty during the warranty period. if your car is out of warranty, you can do as you please when and how ever you wish. ( info only )
Thanks for the info. Not sure what to do with that now, but enjoy the ride.