CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

2020 crv oil dilution

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2021, 07:05 PM
Default 2020 crv oil dilution

Sorry to beat a dead horse here, but it seems as though Honda is not addressing this issue appropriately. I purchased a 2020 crv for my daughter in January, 2020 and experienced oil dilution/ increasing oil levels the whole time she owned it. Honda and the dealer denied any problem, totally normal they said. BS, I said and traded the pos in for crv hybrid. Did not want to buy another Honda but the dealer wanted the car and gave me a great trade in. It did cost me $4K difference, but I felt this was a better option than fighting Honda for the whole time of ownership.

I have owned Honda’s exclusively since 1985, no more. When my current cars wear out I will be looking at other Japanese models. I definitely would stay away from Honda turbo engines. I was preparing to purchase a Si or Type R, but not now. I will cast a careful eye on the WRX/STI to see if they have the same problem with their new direct injection engines.

Old 10-01-2021, 11:14 AM

A dead horse indeed. This was mostly prevalent on early 2017/2018 CRVs and was fixed. 2019 models and later do not have this issue. What is not so uncommon is over-filling the crankcase during routine oil changes.

Old 10-01-2021, 02:02 PM
Default Dead Horse

If this issue is so dead, or at least honda wants it to be, why did the oil have an overpowering gasoline smell that the dealer agreed that it did. And why after a 1,000 mile trip did the oil level increase? I, or someone else, must have added oil ( or gasoline in this case) to the engine during the trip when I was not looking. Look at what honda said was causing the issue, and none of these issues were pertinent to my case, what did honda actually do to fix the problem? Oh yes, blame the customer and then act as if the problem has been fixed.

I have owned Hondas since 1985 and have never had such a problem. i guess i am such a dumbass that I overfill this engine with oil ( and maybe once again gasoline) to add some excitement to this situation. And to add more drama I spend an additional $4K out of pocket in order to put this issue behind me as it was obvious honda was not going to admit culpibility in this case.

A good offense is the best defense, when in doubt blame your customers. In this case former customer. Honda can suck it.

Old 10-06-2021, 07:44 AM

What was fixed? What did Honda do to fix this?
I have loved the power turbo gives but never liked the extra components that might fail and cost so much more to fix.
This engine is prone to cylinder ring blow by.
First you have loose piston rings because they produce less drag and provide better gas mileage
Second These are turbo engine which adds more pressure in the cylinders
Third Add on top that, they are also GDI which adds more pressure into the cylinders
All I can see is that Honda issued a warning to owners to monitor their oil level

Old 10-06-2021, 08:13 AM
Default Thank you

Thank you, avisitor, for saying out loud what the victims of this scam have been trying to get through to Honda all along. WHAT HAS BEEN FIXED? Honda does not even try to explain what is wrong, they tell dealers to say that this issue is normal. the oil dilution Issue has not been fixed on the 2020 CR-V I purchased. Unfortunately some other sucker has this vehicle now, I was considering placing a sympathy card in the owners manual, but I did not want to add insult to injury.

N
Originally Posted by avisitor
What was fixed? What did Honda do to fix this?
I have loved the power turbo gives but never liked the extra components that might fail and cost so much more to fix.
This engine is prone to cylinder ring blow by.
First you have loose piston rings because they produce less drag and provide better gas mileage
Second These are turbo engine which adds more pressure in the cylinders
Third Add on top that, they are also GDI which adds more pressure into the cylinders
All I can see is that Honda issued a warning to owners to monitor their oil level