CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

Changing spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Default Changing spark plugs

I am new to this forum and pretty much a novice when it comes to repair work. Silly question: Where are the spark plugs located on a 2007 CR-V and is it a difficult job to change them? My CR-V has about 60,000 miles on it.

Thanks.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:54 AM

Welcome to the forum: Here ya go
Locate the spark plug cables along the top or the sides of the engine, depending on CR-V model. Once the engine cools, use the trim panel tool to twist the spark plug wire at the wire's boot, which is the larger rubber portion located on top of the spark plug.

Pull back on the spark plug wire to remove it from the spark plug.

Place the socket on top of the spark plug and turn it counter-clockwise to unscrew and remove the spark plug from the well.

Rub anti-seize lubricant onto the new spark plug threads and on the tip of the spark plug.

< Insert the new spark plug into the well. Manually turn the plug clockwise to thread the spark plug into place.

Thighten to specs.

< Replace the spark plug wire, turn it from side to side and lock it into place. Continue the process with the rest of the spark plugs one at a time until all of the spark plugs are replaced.

Old 03-01-2024, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by bucwheat
Welcome to the forum: Here ya go
Locate the spark plug cables along the top or the sides of the engine, depending on CR-V model. Once the engine cools, use the trim panel tool to twist the spark plug wire at the wire's boot, which is the larger rubber portion located on top of the spark plug.

Pull back on the spark plug wire to remove it from the spark plug.

Place the socket on top of the spark plug and turn it counter-clockwise to unscrew and remove the spark plug from the well.

Rub anti-seize lubricant onto the new spark plug threads and on the tip of the spark plug check here.

< Insert the new spark plug into the well. Manually turn the plug clockwise to thread the spark plug into place.

Thighten to specs.

< Replace the spark plug wire, turn it from side to side and lock it into place. Continue the process with the rest of the spark plugs one at a time until all of the spark plugs are replaced.
Hello, I would like to know at how many kilometers should I replace the spark plugs in our 2010 Escape? I live out of town and commute about an hour every day, we have a V6 and replacing the spark plugs is much more labor intensive, so is it worth doing platinum plugs?

Are there plugs that would increase my M.P.G ? Reliability is the....MOST...important thing to me, that is why I am concerned about what plugs to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-02-2024, 07:01 PM

My advice is to watch the video on how to change the spark plugs on a Honda CRV 2007. !AAuto has a good one on Youtube. You will need proper set of tools to be able to change the spark plugs. Make sure to use NGK or Denso. Do not over tighten. Quarter turn after finger tight.

If you are changing plugs on a Ford Escape then make sure to use Motorcraft parts. Change at about 90k to 100 k miles intervals. Platinum plug are well worth it to me. The thing is to use the parts that would have come with the car. Motorcraft with ford. NGK or Denso with Toyota or Honda. Mopar with Chrysler.

Old 03-03-2024, 01:14 AM
Default Marianas Trench - Deep Dredge

Originally Posted by jacobgary
Hello, I would like to know at how many kilometers should I replace the spark plugs in our 2010 Escape? I live out of town and commute about an hour every day, we have a V6 and replacing the spark plugs is much more labor intensive, so is it worth doing platinum plugs?

Are there plugs that would increase my M.P.G ? Reliability is the....MOST...important thing to me, that is why I am concerned about what plugs to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The suggestion made by avisitor is a good idea. Your Fjord <sic> came with Motorcraft platinum plugs so replacing them with alike is not rocket science.

It should tell you which plugs to use along with maintenance interval in your owners manual.

That said, lets talk about the 12 year old irrelevant post you quoted. Know that it contains poor quality suggestions along with inappropriate methods that do not apply to your car.

All of the above, leads me believe that you may not be capable of this maintenance operation as it involves removal of the intake manifold et al.

Couple that with the fact that you joined a Honda forum and posted in a CR-V section and I come up with a real head scratcher.

Finally, a direct answer to your Q; Fjord sez to replace the Oem Plugs at 90,000 mi., 140,000 Klicks

I suggest you try escape-city dot com blog for a chance at better tips for your FJORD.

When you get it back in shape, you can greatly improve you fuel economy by trading it in on a nice CR-V.

Observation: You asked for service interval in KM but your fuel economy in MPG. Living on the border?

As usual YMMV

Last edited by Just Ducky; 03-03-2024 at 01:37 AM.