CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

Cr V Dog hair and protection in the back

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 03:58 PM
Default Cr V Dog hair and protection in the back

Just bought a newish Cr V and am searching for cargo space protection. Mainly joined just so I could find a solution to the dog hair. Driving me nuts. Owned weathertech in the past but looking for something that fits the floor and back of the seats (folded up and down). Have two large dogs so need something tough. I've seen a few companies offer full cargo liners and have read reviews. Anyone else have dogs and what are you using?

Old 12-01-2021, 04:00 PM

Have tried a few custom liners in the past and literally just bought one from Ruff Rugs for my Cr V a few months ago:

https://ruffrug.com/products/honda-cr-v-cargo-liner

I have a large lab and they tend to rip up the interior. He goes everywhere with me and sheds a ton (especially during summer). The Ruff Rug Cr V liner is made a bit different than the others which is why I chose them this time. Completely custom to the crv and made with a double sided vinyl so makes it super simple to wipe down the dog hair. Also, the shipping times were instant and I didn't want wait 2-4 weeks, most companies are made to order but I guess Ruff Rugs pre makes them and only focuses on some vehicles. Ordered and I got mine two days later.

Every single liner I've ordered was good, Ruff Rugs just is a bigger bang for your buck.

Old 12-01-2021, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. i go to harbor freight and pick up 2 furniture pads and lay them out on the seat and floor. it collects all the hair and when they get dirty, wash them. also use a lot of sticky roll to get hair off the pads.