CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

Dashcam hardwiring issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 07:27 PM
Default Dashcam hardwiring issues

Hey guys

I have a thinkware fa200.

I had it hardwired into my Honda Civic with no issues. Worked on the first try.

Now, that vehicle is gone and I've moved into a 2014 CRV. But now I am having nothing but issues getting the dashcam to work via hardwire cable.

The first time I plugged it into the fuse box, I had no issues with the camera receiving power and starting up.

That said, it did not go into proper recording mode and parking mode with the ignition off.

After changing circuits, the camera would no longer receive any power from the hardwire. Power is definently present in the cord it seems, but the camera would not power on.

I checked the glass inline fuses today on the two hardwire cables I tried to use, and in one of them, the auxiliary inline fuse appears to have blown, and on the other it looks like the fuse has some damage to it.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I am tapping into fuses that appear to be proper, i.e accessory and constant power, but it just won't work!

Any advice folks?
Thanks